Sunday, February 22, 2015

I wrote this song to express how Nerium has changed so many lives, and I included some of Nerium's Core Values and Slight Edge principles.  I also wanted to put some of our affirmations to music so that everyone can sing along and have the tune in their heads for those days when the "funk" hits.

Here are the Lyrics:

Verse 1

Some of us haven't (yet) learned how to fly.
We are tethered to the ground,
We feel the weight of the world pulling us down in a spiral.
But if you believe in something beautiful,
Out of the brokenness and the ashes,
If you can reach up to a friend and look in his eyes;
Then you can begin to make a change.

Chorus:

I am so grateful!
I am strong.
I am courageous!
And I can overcome!
I help my friends every day.
I love my life!
I am unstoppable!
I can do anything.
I am a warrior.
I am a leader.
I am amazing!
I'm changing the world - little by little -
Like a ripple that swells.
I am a champion,
I control my destiny,
And I am worthy -
Because He made me beautiful - like Him.

Verse 2

Just one step - every single day.
And I know I can find my way
To build my dream and spread it to those around me.
Share just one smile;
Go just one mile.
Over and over until a momentum ripples it forward.
I can make a start - a movement of heart.
Not just for me but for you too to see.
I'll be your friend;
And lend a hand.
Taking a risk - a chance - 20 seconds of courage.
It's time to reach out and show the way.

(Repeat Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment